The University of Chicago Professional Education is currently seeking qualified applicants to develop and teach new non-degree programs.
Programs in the following subject areas are of particular interest:
Leadership and Management
Those selected will be required to perform the following duties:
- Develop learning materials, such as content for lectures, formative and summative assessments, discussion prompts, case studies, and roleplaying exercises, in collaboration with the instructional design team.
- Partner with administrative and academic staff to guarantee that those materials meet the University's high standards of rigor and academic excellence.
- Use Canvas, the University's learning management platform, for course management, content delivery, and communication with students.
- Facilitate instruction according to program and syllabus requirements.
- Use Zoom, the University's Web-conferencing platform, to facilitate highly engaging and interactive live synchronous sessions.
Qualified applicants must have at least five years of exceptional professional experience in a specific industry.
Candidates with a graduate-level degree and prior teaching experience are strongly preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter indicating their preferred courses and describing relevant background, a curriculum vitae or resume, and the names of at least two professional references.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages diverse perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange. The University's Statements on Diversity are at https://provost.uchicago.edu/statements-diversity.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-1032 or email email@example.com with their request.
Internal Number: 86190
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.