The Johns Hopkins University, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine is seeking a Research Associate to be part of the Clinical Research Core. The Research Associate Statistician is a faculty position functioning similarly to a Research Scientist
The Clinical Research Core for the department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine is a key initiative supporting the strategic priority of Biomedical Discovery and the advance and integration of discovery, innovation, translation, and dissemination of biomedical research. The Core supports clinical research, clinical research training, and patient safety and quality initiatives involving acutely ill and/or injured adults and children and those undergoing surgical procedures. The Core is comprised of two major components: a Clinical Informatics and Analytics Unit and a Clinical Trials and Intervention Unit. An innovative and experienced Epidemiologist/Biostatistician leads the Core by establishing an efficient and responsive centralized service, providing oversight to staff, and collaborating with faculty researchers. The position is responsible for the overall design, execution, and analysis of all research conducted under the oversight of the Core.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with investigators on research projects with primary responsibility for study design, execution, and statistical analysis for various complex studies including: retrospective and prospective cohort trials, clinical trials, and database studies.
- Establish Core processes, function, and standard operating procedures
- Provide general direction to both units within the Core, through supervision of data analysis staff, and oversight of clinical trials staff.
- In collaboration with faculty investigators, and as an integral part of the study team, contribute to the development of research ideas and project proposals and lead some proposals when feasible.
- Collaborate with investigators on protocol designs, data analysis plans, statistical design, statistical analysis, grant applications, and preparation of presentations and publications.
- Design observational studies, along with relevant sampling design, sample size, and data analysis techniques and procedures. Recommend most appropriate statistical procedures.
- Responsible for the analytical plan, including design, implementation, and management of methods/ systems for data analysis of studies.
Execute complex statistical analyses involving multi-level modeling, including regression, Bayesian, and longitudinal approaches - Write statistical design, methods, and analysis for manuscripts and research proposals - Participate with faculty investigators on committees to review concepts, proposals, and to continually improve research implementation and outcomes. - Implement appropriate methodologic procedures for statistical analysis, overall descriptive statistics, exploratory data analyses, including graphs, schematic summaries, and necessary transformations and confirmatory data analyses, including statistical tests and/or modeling. - Collaborate with investigators on the need for additional analyses and/or special methodologic needs. Prepare written reports of statistical analyses, including relevant statistical theory, references, methods, results, and conclusions.
Contribute to education of trainees and junior faculty regarding design and analytic aspects of clinical research through oral presentations and/or written materials.
- Prepare manuscripts, reports, fact
Doctoral degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, or related quantitative field. Proficiency in use of statistical and programming packages, e.g. R, SAS, Python, etc. Three years related experience. Demonstrated supervisory or lead responsibilities. Excellent theoretical knowledge and outstanding ability to apply statistical approaches to a broad range of observational studies and clinical trials. Familiarity with longitudinal data analyses, "big data" analytic methods (e.g. omics, EHR), Bayesian methods, and/or machine learning approaches are a plus. Record of research publications and presentations.
Please submit a letter of interest and CV by clicking the Apply Now button.
Internal Number: A-62072-4
About Johns Hopkins University
Johns Hopkins University remains committed to its founding principle, that education for all students should be grounded in exploration and discovery. Hopkins students are challenged not just to learn but also to advance learning itself. Critical thinking, problem solving, creativity, and entrepreneurship are all encouraged and nourished in this unique educational environment. After more than 130 years, Johns Hopkins remains a world leader in both teaching and research. Faculty members and their research colleagues at the university's Applied Physics Laboratory have each year since 1979 won Johns Hopkins more federal research and development funding than any other university. The university has nine academic divisions and campuses throughout the Baltimore-Washington area. The Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, the Whiting School of Engineering, the School of Education and the Carey Business School are based at the Homewood campus in northern Baltimore. The schools of Medicine, Public Health, and Nursing share a campus in east Baltimore with The Johns Hopkins Hospital. The Peabody Institute, a leading professional school of music, is located on Mount Vernon Place in downtown Bal...timore. The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies is located in Washington's Dupont Circle area.