SUMMARY: The primary purpose of the Environmental Services Worker position is to perform various tasks to maintain a clean, safe, sanitary and attractive environment in the Rowan University SOM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Performs proper cleaning to insure cleanliness of the assigned areas.
2. Performs routine and general cleaning to prevent the spread of infection and keeps areas orderly and attractive.
3. Performs isolation cleaning procedures as instructed in order to prohibit the spread of infection.
4. Performs hard floor care and various levels of carpet care.
5. Renders moving services throughout the University.
6. Performs daily collection, storage and disposal of various waste generated within the University.7. Understands and adheres to RowanSOM’s compliance standards as they appear in the RowanSOM Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
8. Exhibit good customer service skills by cultivating and maintaining report with customers.
9. Performs functional set ups according to request.
10. Performs various grounds cleaning tasks.
11. Performs snow removal tasks.
12. Operates University vehicles and vehicular equipment.
13. Presents a clean uniform appearance.
14. Performs final check and clean up at end of shift.
15. Interacts with persons of all ages in a diverse, multicultural environment with respect and consideration.
16. Complies with legacy attendance policies of Rowan University and the Environmental Services Department in order to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
17. Performs job related duties effectively in team settings.
18. Maintain valid driving license.
19. Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, write, speak, understand and communicate in English sufficiently to carry out the duties of the position; prior experience in institutional environmental services is preferred. Valid New Jersey driver’s license is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The person in this position must be physically active. Position requires climbing or balance, taste or smell less than 1/3 of the time; stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear up to 2/3 of the time; walking 2/3 of the time; reaching with hands and arms over 2/3 of the time. Position requires lifting up to ten (10) pounds over 2/3 of the time, lifting or exerting force of 25 pounds up to 2/3 of the time, lifting or exerting force of fifty (50) or more pounds under 1/3 of the time. Position requires Close vision, Distance vision, Color vision and Depth Perception. Ability to hear pager alerts, overhead pager radio messages. WORK ENVIRONMENT: Up to 2/3 of the time, the position requires exposure to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), exposure to bloodborne pathogens that requires the use of Personal Protective Equipment, exposure to dust, fumes or airborne particles, and exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals that require the use of Personal Protective Equipment, exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Less than 1/3 of the time the position requires exposure to risk of electrical shock, exposure to risk of radiation, exposure to hazardous waste. The position requires work near moving mechanical parts up to 2/3 of the time, work in precarious places less than 1/3 of the time. The typical amounts of noise for the position are moderate to loud noise.
Internal Number: 494036
About Rowan University
A leading public institution, Rowan University combines liberal education with professional preparation from the baccalaureate through the doctorate. Rowan provides a collaborative, learning-centered environment in which highly qualified and diverse faculty, staff, and students integrate teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, and community service. Through intellectual, social and cultural contributions, the University enriches the lives of those in the campus community and surrounding region.